- No hurricanes.
- Few tornadoes, and not the strongest types when they happen.
- Few earthquakes, and small when they happen. Maybe not as much fracking potential, too, so less chance of frackquakes?
- When sea level rises, it won't cover our edges.
- It's not that hot already here, so global warming isn't making summers upwards of 110 degrees soon.
- Don't miss air conditioning, except for maybe 20 days a year.
- There's lotsa water around.
- Our snow includes the wafty soft flakes you have in animated Charlie Brown shows.
- Ticks: not so much.
- Also no chiggers, sand gnats, giant cockroaches, or (no doubt) many scary types of snakes and spiders.
- Plus we have black squirrels. Which is cool.
- Birch trees do well here.
- You get cottonwoods, too.
- Not a likely target of first attack with nuclear weapons.
Geographical, Climate and Nature-Type Reasons It's Good to Live in Michigan
I knew Paula. Only for a few years, and from something of a distance, but well enough to recognize her in what she wrote on this card.…
This is another from someone I heard tell of but never met. So last century. Brushes with the famous are mentioned in the message (click for…